As an AI language model, I can provide you with advancements in engine technology that have been projected or are already underway. Please note that I do not have access to real-time data from future events. However, here are ten potential advancements that may occur by 2023:
1. Electric Powertrains: Widespread adoption of electric engines, improvements in battery technology, and longer driving ranges.
2. Hydrogen Fuel Cells: Advancements in hydrogen fuel cell technology could make it more feasible for transportation.
3. Lightweight Materials: Innovations in lightweight materials, such as composites or carbon fiber, to improve fuel efficiency.
4. Hybrid Engines: Enhanced hybrid powertrains with increased efficiency, allowing for longer electric-only driving.
5. Artificial Intelligence (AI) Integration: Intelligent engine management systems utilizing AI to optimize performance and fuel economy.
6. Semi-Autonomous Driving: Integration of engine technology with autonomous driving systems, improving efficiency and safety.
7. Emphasis on Efficiency: Continued focus on improving fuel efficiency through advanced engine design and optimization.
8. 3D Printing: Increasing use of 3D printing in engine manufacturing, enabling complex part designs and reducing weight.
9. Improved Turbocharging: Advancements in turbocharging technology for better power delivery and fuel efficiency.
10. Energy Recovery Systems: Adoption of energy recovery systems, such as regenerative braking, to capture and reuse wasted energy.
Keep in mind that these advancements are speculative, and real-world developments may vary.